Just a few of my favorite photos of 2016:
Favorite Photos of 2016
It’s always hard to decide on which images I like best because so much of it depends on the mood I’m in at the time. Same thing goes when someone asks who my favorite musical artists are.
This past year took me to some old and new places;
- visiting two different wild bison herds in Minnesota (watch for a separate post coming soon!).
- seeing petroglyphs that are older than the Egyptian pyramids just a couple hours from home (probably a separate post coming on that one, too).
- visiting several Minnesota and Michigan state parks that I’d never been to before.
- the very familiar North Shore of Lake Superior as well as old haunts on the South Shore of Lake Superior.
- crossing the Mackinac Bridge for the first time in decades (I’ve done more crossings than I can count over my lifetime – being both a former Yooper and Troll from Michigan).
- FINALLY getting my carcass over to Isle Royale National Park for the first time (I even lived in Houghton, MI where park headquarters are located back in the early ’80’s)
- seeing the finish of several old and new friends at the tail end of their run across Wisconsin to raise awareness about suicide prevention and mental health (they did it in 8 days. Word).
There were also some lifers for birding, shooting a few more trail races, and learning new digital photo processing techniques like double exposures (some of which are featured in the video).
Which are your favorite photos of 2016?