If you like creating photographic images with painterly effects, then you’ve probably used (or at least heard about) the Topaz Labs Impression plug-in. Impression is a software product that allows you to easily create a variety of realistic painting effects quickly and effortlessly. Are you ready for some great news? Topaz has just released a major update to the software and we now have Topaz Impression 2!
Are you ready for some even better news? If you already own the original version of Impression, you can get a FREE upgrade. If you want to snatch it up, you can save 40% off the full price until July 7, 2016!
Topaz Impression 2
So, what’s new with Topaz Impression 2?
This is a major update gives you more powerful processing with a completely redesigned framework and the following additional features:
• 30+ New effects – Impression 2 now comes with over 140 effects!
• Larger Brush Panel – no more squinting to find the brush you need.
• Masking – Impression 2 now includes masking within the application! Using a brush, color range, luminosity range, or spot masking, the masking panel even includes a color aware tool.
• Topaz Community – now you can share your created effects with the other users of Impression 2 with a click of a button, similar to Texture Effects. Not seeing an effect you like? Browse the Topaz Community to surf an ocean of custom user made effects. You’ll also be able to upload your own custom made effects for other users to download, if you wish.
• New brush customization options:
– “Number of strokes” options to change the number of strokes applied to the image.
– “Large Brush Volume” that adjust paint volume in large areas of color to help focus on the details.
– “Stroke “Rotation Variation” to add randomness to your effect strokes.
• Highlight and Shadow control in the lighting menu.
• Support for High DPI (4k) monitors in Windows 7/8/10
…and much more.
New System Requirements
With all of these improvements, your computer will need to be able to do some heavy lifting! There have been some compatibility changes to the program as well. Impression 2 requires Windows 7+, Mac OSX 10.9+, and a GPU with OpenGL 3.3 or higher.
Changes from Impression v1: the Mac OS requirement is now 10.9+, And OpenGL is now 3.3+
Topaz Impression 2 works as stand alone software or can be used as a plug-in to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop products.
Save 40% While It’s On Sale
If you’d like to take advantage of the discounted price of only $59.99 (regularly $99.99), use coupon code 2IMPRESS – valid until July 7, 2016. As always, you can download the software and take it for a FREE 30 day test spin to see if you like it before you plunk down your hard earned cash 😉